Vacuum Insulation Panel (VIP)
High performance with low thermal conductivity
Panasonic introduces a new concept in the insulation industry:
Wrapped in laminate film to create a low vacuum inside and control thermal conduction, our vacuum insulation panels use a proprietary lining molding technology coupled with improved insulation performance of the lining to boost overall insulation performance to the level of a full-vacuum thermos despite the low-vacuum environment.
This major improvement prevents energy loss from heat transfer in house-hold and other appliances.
Panasonic U-Vacua is a high performance vacuum insulation panel (VIP) with very low thermal conductivity that performs about 13 times better than standard urethane foam and 25 times greater than glass wool, which enables high insulation performance in a thin form.
The core structure, made using a proprietary molding technology, is wrapped in laminate film to create a low vacuum inside and control thermal conduction.
U-Vacua's improved performance saves space while increasing the energy efficiency of refrigeration applications, home appliances, buildings, and any products that require low energy loss from heat transfer.
- Highly versatile
- High insulation performance for energy savings
- High heat resistance core material
- High recyclability
- Environmentally friendly: made with 75% recycled glass
- Ideal for spacious yet compact appliances
- Appliances: Refrigerators, freezers, thermo pots, water heaters, rice cookers, vending machines
- Homes: Flooring, toilet heating, bath tubs and covers, storm doors, hot water tanks
- Shipping and Transport: Shipping containers, train cars, marine containers
- High precision machineries
Products in which heat leakage significantly affects performance