PSX307 Plasma Cleaner
The PSX307 Plasma Cleaner provides 1.5 times the productivity of conventional plasma cleaners.
Panasonic's parallel plate plasma chamber technology delivers superior etch uniformity compared to conventional batch-type plasma cleaner systems.
By using an argon plasma treatment, ultra-thin gold-plated electrodes can be wire-bonded reliably without the formation of nickel compounds. The savings achieved in cheaper gold plating can provide the ROI justification alone.
The PSX307 Plasma Cleaner's other capabilities include surface modification by oxygen plasma, improving mold resin adhesion and under-fill wettability, and reducing the incidence of peel-off, voids, and cracks.
Panasonic's Plasma Monitoring System suppresses abnormal discharges for a secure and efficient production process.
The option to include traceability functionality ensures high level process quality as well.
Features and benefits of Panasonic's PSX307 Plasma Cleaner
When an extra-thin gold-plated electrode is used, nickel compounds are formed on the surface after the heat treatment by the die bonding cure. These nickel compounds impair wire bonding performance, and thus thin gold-plated electrodes are considered unsuitable for wire bonding. However, treatment with argon plasma eliminates these nickel compounds, enabling reliable wire bonding to be performed on an extra-thin and (importantly) cheap gold-plated electrode.
Surface reforming by oxygen radically improves mold resin adhesion and under-fill wettability.
The benefits of the Panasonic PSX307 are:
- Uniform parallel plate plasma cleaning
- Speed - up to 360 substrates/strips per hour
- High productivity - in-line processing for improved bonding, overmolding and underfill
- Semi S2/S8 compliance
- Ar, O2 or mixed gas plasma possible
- Panasonic original Plasma Monitoring System to suppress abnormal discharges
- Traceability functionality
- Flexibility for various types of production
The Panasonic PSX307 is CE certified.
|Cleaning methed||Parallel plate RF back-sputtering method|
|Gas for electrical discharge*1||Ar [option: O2]|
|Substrate dimensions (mm)||L 50 x W 20 to L 250 x W 75*2 incl. S type option; L 50 x W 20 to L 330 x W 120 incl. M type option|
|Substrate thickness (mm)||0.5 to 2.0|
|Dimensions (mm) / Mass*3||W 930 x D 1100 x H 1450 / 555kg; W 1764 x D 1100 x H 1450 / 850kg incl. S type option; W 1764 x D 1100 x H 1450 / 770kg incl. M type option|
|Power source*4||1-phase AC 200V, 2.00kVA [Full Load 5.00kVA]|
|Pneumatic source||0.49MPa or more, 6.5L/min [A.N.R.]|
- If the optional oxygen gas is selected as a discharge gas, nitrogen gas is also required to dilute exhaust.
- For W 70.1mm to W 75mm, the electrode in the chamber is required separately.
- Tolerance of equipment dimensions is ±5mm, Touch panel and condition lamp is not included. Mass varies depending on configuration.
- Compatible with 1-phase 208/220/230/240 V
*Please refer to the specifications on details.