Powerful compact PLC: FP-Sigma
Outstanding performance in a compact design
Thanks to the lastest SMD technology, the FPΣ (Sigma) is very compact in size. It has the communication capability of a high-performance programmable controller. Of course, the FPΣ (Sigma) can be programmed with our software control FPWIN Pro according to IEC 61131-3 and is therefore compatible with all Panasonic PLCs.
Last date for ordering: September 30, 2021
The FP-Sigma features the very latest control technology and a compact structural design. It is able to communicate with all major factory automation products. Of course you can program the FP-Sigma using our FPWIN Pro software (conforming to IEC 61131-3), and it is compatible with all Panasonic controllers.
- Large program memory (32k commands)
- Large data memory (32k words)
- Efficient motion control functions
- 50kHz fast counter input
- 100kHz pulse output
- convenient positioning commands
- Fastest processing time, 0.32µs/basic command
- Real-time clock
- Compact design (W 30 x H 90 x D 60mm)
- Top communication performance thanks to 3 possible serial interfaces on the CPU
- MODBUS RTU Master/Slave standard in all CPUs
|PLC type||FPG-C24R2H-A FPGC24R2HTM||FPG-C28P2H-A FPGC28P2HTM||FPG-C32T2H-A FPGC32T2HTM|
|Number of inputs||16||16||16|
|Number of outputs||8 relay||12 transistor PNP||16 transistor NPN|
|Output capacity||2A||4x0.5A and 8x0.3A||4x0.3A and 12x0.1A|
|Digital I/Os (max.)||376 (192 / 184)||380 (192 / 188)||384 (192 / 192)|
|Analogue I/Os (max.)||40 inputs / 28 outputs|
|Processing speed||0.32µs/step (basic instruction)|
|Programme capacity||32000 steps|
|Data register||32765 words (expandable to 1024k words)|
|Potentiometer (Volume) input||2 points, resolution: 10 bits (0 to 1000) (for CT32T2, C24R2, and C28P2 only)|
|Thermistor input||2 points, resolution: 10 bits (0 to 1000)
(for CT32T2TM, C24R2TM, and C28P2TM only)
|High-speed counter||1-phase: 1 ch: 50kHz / 2 ch: 30kHz / 3 or 4 ch: 20kHz
2-phase: 1 ch: 20kHz / 2 ch: 15kHz
|Pulse output||-||1 channel: max. 100kHz (x 1)
2 channels: max. 60kHz (x 2)
|Serial interfaces||Up to 3 serial interfaces|
|Operating voltage range||24V DC (±10%)|
The use of a communication cassette provides up to 3 serial communication ports in one FP-Sigma unit (RS232 or RS485). No additional space is required for the expansion cassettes: you just plug them into the CPU.
|FPG-COM1-A||1-channel, 5-wire RS232C|
|FPG-COM2-A||2-channel, 3-wire RS232C|
|FPG-COM4-A||1-channel RS485 + 1 channel, 3-wire RS232C|
Serial Data Unit
The serial data expansion unit is equipped with 3 channels for RS485 communication. Up to two serial data units can be connected to the FP-Sigma CPU.
- Part number: AFPG951T34
- Built-in function: 3-channel RS485 (insulated)
FP-Sigma can use FP0 expansion units on the right side. FP-Sigma expansion units can be added to the left side.
Digital I/O expansion unit
|Output type||Transistor, PNP, 0.1A||Transistor, NPN, 0.1A|
|Connection||MIL, 2 x 40 pins|
Memory expansion unit FPG-EM1
- One unit can store up to 256k words of data.
- Up to 4 units can be added to the CPU, enabling up to 1024k words of data to be stored.
- Backup battery ensures that the stored data will be available for a long time.
- For system integrated 1- and 2-axis path control. Maximum 4Mpps command ensures high-speed and high-accuracy positioning.
- Fast startup of 0.005ms makes tact time reduction possible.
- Feedback pulse count function makes outpulse pulse counting possible for encoders, etc.
- JOG positioning control supports a wide range of applications.
- 4 types of S-curve acceleration/deceleration control makes smooth startup and stopping possible.
|FPG-PP11||Transistor output, 1 axis|
|FPG-PP21||Transistor output, 2 axes|
|FPG-PP12||Line driver output, 1 axis|
|FPG-PP22||Line driver output, 2 axes|
Positioning units RTEX
- For highly accurate control of network servers with an ultra-compact PLC.
- Great reduction in wiring costs with the use of commercial LAN cable.
- Includes manual pulser input, allowing support for precision teaching.
- Total support from configuration and startup through to monitoring with the dedicated software tool Configurator PM
|FPG-PN2AN||2 axes positioning unit RTEX|
|FPG-PN4AN||4 axes positioning unit RTEX|
|FPG-PN8AN||8 axes positioning unit RTEX|
Fieldbus Slave Units
Powerful, compact, modular and high performance fieldbus slave units (FSU) can be used together with FP-Sigma series PLCs. You can download slave data and convenient, ready-made function libraries free of charge.
Fieldbus slave units are available for PROFIBUS, DeviceNet, CANopen and Profinet IO. Others are planned for the future.
|FP-Sigma PROFIBUS DP Slave Unit||PROFIBUS||FPG-DPV1-S|
|FP-Sigma DeviceNet Slave Unit||DeviceNet||FPG-DEV-S|
|FP-Sigma CANopen Slave Unit||CANopen||FPG-CAN-S|
|FP-Sigma Profinet IO Device Unit||Profinet IO||FPG-PRT-S|
Fieldbus Master Units for PROFIBUS DP, CANopen and DeviceNet
The expansion Fieldbus Master Units (FMU) allow you to integrate FP-Sigma PLCs as Master into your network with a maximum degree of flexibility. The units are available for three bus systems: PROFIBUS, DeviceNet and CANopen.
For each network type, ready-made function libraries are available for the programming software Control FPWIN Pro. These libraries drastically shorten the time needed to develop your applications, and consequently save valuable human resource costs.